Representatives of the StoRES team from Cyprus were invited to lecture at the "IEEE 12th International Conference on Compatibility, Power Electronics and Power Engineering” event on the 10-12 April 2018, in Doha, Qatar.
The IEEE CPE-POWERENG is a very important conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society devoted to the dissemination of new ideas, research and works in progress within the fields of power generation, transmission and distribution, power electronics, renewable energy integration, power systems electro-mechanical energy conversion, automation and EMI issues.
Conference Topics included the below:
· Renewable energy resources, current status and future prospects
· Integration of large, utility-scale renewable energy into the smart grid
· Integration of energy storage into the smart grid
· Power electronics in smart electric system
· Electric vehicle integration into the smart grid
· Smart grids communications architectures and solutions
· Demand response and demand management
· Energy optimization and dynamic trading
· Advanced metering infrastructure
· Smart grid security
· Economic models, price management and domestic energy market interactions
· Privacy and cyber-security in energy trading
· Standardization in smart grids
· Power line communications
The conference was organised by Texas A&M University at Qatar and the event attracted about 200 Professionals, academics, utilities, policy-makers and students.